Raise your hand if you want more people to listen to your fantastic podcast.
Okay, now put your hands down.
Amazon Music has 70 million customers. That’s a lot of people. I think. People, you want to be listening to your podcast.
I’ll show you how to reach millions of listeners by submitting your podcast to Amazon Music.
But first, the basics.
Amazon Music: What is it?
To rival iTunes, Amazon launched Amazon MP3 in 2008, which offered MP3 files for purchase. In 2014, Amazon started offering Music streaming free to Prime users.
In 2016, Amazon Prime music streaming evolved into Amazon Music Unlimited.
Amazon Music is second only to Apple Music and YouTube Music in market share among streaming music services.
You can reach a new audience and give your current listeners more options with Amazon Music. As they say, it’s a win-win.
Okay, let’s get submitting.
Here’s how to submit a podcast to Amazon Music
Submitting a podcast to Amazon Music is very simple.
- Get your podcast’s RSS feed: you are trying to figure out how to submit your podcast to Amazon Music, so I will take a wild guess here that you know what an RSS feed is. Go to your podcast host and grab the RSS feed.
- Go to Amazon Music for Podcasters website: Click here and then look for the ‘Add or Claim Your Podcast’ button. Yeah, an Amazon account is required.
- Enter your RSS feed: If you didn’t grab your RSS feed (Step 1), now is an excellent time to go back and grab it. You need to enter it and select your country. This country is based, not where you went on vacation or recorded the podcast.
- Verify podcast ownership: RSS feeds have an email address. This is where Amazon Music will send a verification email. Click that link. You are done.
It takes Amazon Music 24-48 hours to approve the submission request.
What You Need to Know About Submitting Your Podcast to Amazon Music
Having explained how to add a podcast to Amazon Music, let’s look at the requirements.
Maybe I should have mentioned this earlier. Oh well.
- Title and branding must be unique. Don’t be a copycat.
- The artwork must be square and between 1400px x 1400px and 3000px x 3000px.
- Your podcast needs to have at least one published episode.
Now that you know the requirements, here’s what not to do:
- Submit a podcast that belongs to someone else.
- Be a jerk on your podcast, spew hate against people or groups, incite violence, or encourage illegal activities.
- Talk about products the entire time you are being paid to talk about.
So there you go.
I hope this simple (and short) guide to submitting your podcast to Amazon Music helps you reach new listeners and keep existing ones happy.
Now, go and get recording.