Below you will find a list of Social Media events taking place in San Francisco Bay Area. Please contact me if you would like to report an event.
“140 Characters” Reading & Signing
When: Tuesday October 20, 2009
Where: BookShop West Portal
Address: 80 West Portal Ave, San Francisco, California 94127
Event Page: Twtvite
Join Twitter co-creator Dom Sagolla as he debuts his first book, “140 Characters: A Style Guide for the Short Form.”
Event includes a brief presentation, question and answer period, and book signing.
More about Dom Sagolla
Social Media for Social Action: A day of training
When: October 23, 2009
Time: 8:30am – 6:00pm
Address: 268 14th Street, Oakland, California 94612
Cost: $10 (no-one will be refused admission for lack of funds)
Event Page: Facebook | Eventbrite
Social media training workshop focused on nonprofit organizations and community groups. Hands-on workshops will help participants to use social media, plan and execute campaigns and programs and measure and evaluate results. Sessions will cover following topics:
• Effective Blogging for Non-Profits
• Building a social media strategy with Twitter, Facebook & Your Blog
• Using Multimedia & Video to get our your message (on a budget)
• Micro-donations: Online Best Practices
Who this is for: Members of non-profits and community organizations who have thought about using blogging and social media, but have not, and organizers who use social media but would like to sharpen their skills and learn how to plan and measure a campaign. Beginners welcome!
SNAP Summit: FailCon’09
When: October 27th
Time: 8:30am – 6pm
Where: Hotel Kabuki
Address: 1625 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94115
Cost: Students $50, General Admission $225
Event Page: Eventbrite
Full-day conference focusing on the trials and tribulations of successful entrepreneurs. You aren’t a real entrepreneur until you’ve had to deal with failure and recovering from it – financially emotionally and practically – can be challenging. Hear how some major players in the industry have dealt with startup troubles recovered and kept a positive tenacious and energetic attitude through it all.
The conference will debate questions such as:
- How do VCs handle failing investments?
- How NOT to build a social app
- What are some social web branding failures and how can you avoid them now?
- How do you financially prepare for the possibility of failure: legally fiscally and in your team?
- What have some of the leading executives today learned from their past experiences?
- What are you watching out for with the current social web and rising companies?
- How do you recover from a failed product or marketing campaign?
- And how do you let it all go if you must?
Do you know of a social media event happening in the bay area? Post it in the comment below and I will include it in the current post or a new post if it is taking place next month.